And now we come to the one item I can’t manage without in my kitchen; I use these in all sorts of things. A 400g tin of organic Chopped Tomatoes from Hornett Wholefoods normally costs 75p; with 10% off for 48 hours, it costs just 68p – bargain! You can use them in:
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Curry (including my chickpea and spinach recipe from 5th February)
- Pasta sauces
- Etc, etc…
Spicy Tomato Soup
- 1 tin of Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- A handful of white basmati rice (500g – £1.95)
- 1 tsp crushed chillies (25g – 89p)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs (20g – 89p)
- 2 tbsp of Organic Sweetcorn (340g – £1.25)
- Put the tomatoes in a medium sized pan; fill the empty can with water and add to the tomatoes. Add the chillies and herbs and bring to the boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add the rice and stir occasionally to stop the rice sticking to the pan. Turn down to a simmer.
- When the rice is cooked (after about 20 minutes; the tomatoes make the cooking process a little longer), add the sweetcorn. You only need to warm them through, so serve after a couple of minutes with a wholemeal roll.