We’re sensible people, right? We don’t want to eat a beautiful lamb for Easter dinner do we? It makes about as much sense to me as giving people chocolate eggs to celebrate Jesus! So what does a non meat-eater eat for Easter dinner? I’m going to make a suggestion, if I may.
Easter Spaghetti Bolognese
- 125g TVP mince (£1.19 – 250g)
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (75p – 400g)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs (89p – 50g)
- Salt and pepper (£3.00 – 75g combined grinder)
- Pasta Bunnies! (£1.19 – 500g)
- Re-hydrate the TVP as per the pack instructions. Drain well.
- In a tbsp of oil, cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the tin of tomatoes, the puree, herbs and season with the salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the TVP and stir gently until piping hot.
- Serve with pasta bunnies, cooked according to the pack instructions.
You can swap the TVP for a tin of mixed beans (95p – 400g) and add different herbs and spices, according to what your taste buds feel like! I like adding half a teaspoon of chilli flakes to add warmth and a little kick – we have a 30g pot from The Little Smokehouse for £1.50 and lots of different spicy combinations from Gourmet Spice Company for £2.99. So supporting animals and a couple of Northamptonshire producers!
Don’t forget that we’re closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday!