Lucuma is an fruit from Peru that looks like an orange avocado and the powder from it is a natural sweetener (you can also find it in the delicious Raw Chocolate Company’s Vanoffe bar that we stock). It’s rich in the following nutrients:
- Antioxidants – these help keep cells in one piece and help the body fight free radicals.
- Iron – Helps red blood production and prevents anaemia.
- Zinc – Helps regulate cell growth, and digestion.
- Calcium – Essential for healthy bones and teeth.
- B vitamins – Helps reduce fatigue and regulates hormones
- Potassium – Helps prevent cramp and eases fatigue
Cacao nibs and powder – Nibs £3.79, Powder £7.49 for a 250g bag
This is raw chocolate, without all the sweeteners added! Use it to make raw chocolate bars and in cakes and drinks for a more natural chocolate flavour.
- Amino acids – These help your body process protein.
- Magnesium – Relaxes blood vessels and helps muscle recover after use. Can help with depression and headaches.
Himalayan Pink Salt – £2.69
Pink Salt has less sodium than traditional white salt. It can be used in food or as a soak in the bath, to help stimulate circulation and soothe sore muscles.
Carob Powder – £2.99
It’s very often used in place of chocolate, although it’s a completely different plant. It has less caffeine than chocolate so it’s suitable for those who can’t eat chocolate without getting a headache. It’s low fat, high fibre and is suitable for diabetics.
It has calcium, protein, magnesium and iron, so it’s nothing but good for you, really!